Our Charter Fishing Boat - EPIC
EPIC is the ultimate fishing machine for Costa Rica.
A custom L &H walk around express designed and built around a “no excuses” idea for pursuing your trophy catch inshore and offshore. It is completely rigged with everything necessary for safety, fun and a successful charter fishing experience.
Twin 330 HP Cummins diesels push its deep V hull to a 28 kt. cruise, providing a quick, comfortable dry run to the fishing grounds.
EPIC boasts a 34’ L.O.A and spacious 12’2’ wide beam, which make it a very stable and comfortable charter boat while running, at rest or troll, and an ideal platform for offshore bait and switch trolling, fly-fishing, jigging or popping.
It features a huge 180 sq. ft. spacious cockpit, boasting two fighting chairs for the multiple hookups that are common here. It has more usable cockpit space than most boats twice it size.
The walk around design makes a very versatile 360* fish-ability with easy flat deck access to the bow, perfect for casting poppers or dropping jigs- inshore and off, to yellowfin tunas, cubera snappers or roosterfish.
The 3/4 enclosed helm station offers plenty of shade and seating for up to 6 passengers to escape the elements, a refrigerated drink box so you will never wish for a cold drink, and the latest electronics to put you on the fish. The open layout express style allows constant breeze to keep you cool all day long.
The marlin tower also features full electronics and controls, Rupp spreader riggers, and teaser reels.
The cabin has a V-berth (sleeps 2) and Ice-cold air conditioning for a quick refreshing nap. It also features a microwave for hot lunches, and a marine head.
- Twin 330 HP Cummins 28 kt. cruise
- 5kw Northern Lights generator
- 5000 BTU Air Conditioning
- 2 Furuno Navnet VX2 10” GPS /chart plotters
- Furuno 72 mile radar
- Powerful 1kw Furuno fish finder/ sounder
- 2 Icom VHFs
- Northstar 951 GPS plotter
- 2 Furuno RD30
- Simrad Auto pilot
- Fujinon 14 x 40 stabilized binoculars for spotting birds, logs and debris miles away
- Awesome sounding stereo with iPod connect
- Refrigerated drink box
- Refrigerated fish box
- 2 Scopinich fighting chairs and rocket launcher
- 2 Live wells
- Tuna Tubes
- Fresh and salt water wash-downs
Competition Quality Trolling Gear & Tackle:
- All matching Shimano reels on custom rods
- A full selection of the best offshore lures and teasers
- Black Bart, Moldcraft, marlin majic, joe yee, pakula
- 4 Teaser reels
- 2 Electric deep drop reels
- 2 Lingram Pitman LP1200 electric reels for pulling dredges
- Professional jigging and spinning gear:
- Shimano Sargossa’s 8000-18000 spin reels on Terez rods
- Shimano Torium and Trevala jigging rods
- Spectra lines, fluorocarbon leaders
- Wide selection of top quality jigs and poppers
- Yo-Zuri, Halco, Shimano butterfly, OTI, Williamson, Heru
Experienced & Motivated Crew
US Coast guard licensed Captain Michael MJ Alligood, 6+ years experience in Costa Rica, 18 years professional experience worldwide. Professional, friendly, fully bilingual mate Randall Garcia 16 years experience. We do not hesitate to run the distance to the best bite.
Full day charters include food, drinks, ice, bait, tackle and fuel.
Perfect Boat for Fishing Costa Rica
Epic is the perfect charter boat for your Costa Rica fishing experience. It can do it all. It is simply designed right, with everything you need. It is quick enough to get you out in a hurry, or get up and run to a hot bite. It has state of the art electronics to find the fish and birds. It is stable & comfortable, with an enclosed ¾ shaded helm, and air conditioned cabin to escape the elements, so you can fish multiple days without getting worn out, and really experience the world class sport fishing that Costa Rica is known for. This is the boat for serious anglers who want action.
We do all the standard offshore bait and switch trolling for billfish and are uniquely outfitted for serious dredge fishing with our LP-1200 electric reels. We also specialize in live baiting, jigging, and popper fishing inshore and offshore, for anglers looking for hands on action.
Full day inshore, offshore and custom trips available. Half day trips will only be accepted on last minute basis.